In the Emergency Department, every moment matters and doctors are pressed for time. Along with 15-hour workdays, full waiting rooms and dozens of patient consults during every shift, administrative duties only add to these demands. For every hour spent with patients, ED doctors can spend up to 2 hours on documentation.
Optimise your ED with medical scribe support.
Every Emergency Department is unique. ScribeAustralia understands this, so we set up a scribe programme that adapts to the specific needs of your ED. Your scribe team will be fully trained to use your electronic medical record system and can provide 24-hour coverage in the Emergency Department. In the ED, every minute of a doctor’s time counts. Scribes update electronic medical records in real time, allowing ED doctors to focus on the patient, not a computer screen.
For both doctors and patients, scribes can make a significant impact in the Emergency Department. Studies have shown that using ED scribes can result in: improved job satisfaction among doctors; an increase in emergency doctor productivity; and a decrease in patients’ length of stay in the Emergency Department. Scribes support Emergency Department doctors by completing time-sensitive ancillary tasks. ED scribes also aid healthcare organisations in providing populations with more precise care.
Benefits:Contact Business Development
Increase doctor productivity and efficiency in the Emergency Department
Decrease overhead costs by improving medical practitioner-to-patient ratios
Boost patient satisfaction and patient care
Less time spent charting and inputting medical records for doctors
Access important clinical information immediately
Significantly impact medical practitioner retention and recruitment
Better track return visits to provide high-quality patient care
Fewer overtime hours for ED doctors
Grow revenue capture for diagnostic codes
Speed up time from provider to disposition for patients
Detailed feedback on every patient ED visit
How it Works
ScribeAustralia is a leader in medical scribe services. Emergency Departments can count on us to deliver scribes with superior training, certification and professionalism. We hire only the most talented and eager medical scribes who are passionate about their job, teaching them to document the ScribeAustralia way. Our scribes learn the skills and best practices for accurate and efficient charting. ScribeAustralia’s medical scribe programme offers proven cost savings — allowing ED doctors to better prioritise patient care.
ED scribes are available for around-the-clock coverage and are trained to:
- Document Triage Notes to the Highest Level of Specificity
- Request Provider Feedback for Chart Approval
- Assist with Comfort Rounding
- Work with Nursing Staff to Prepare Discharge Information
With a medical scribe embedded within the care team, you will reduce inefficient documentation and improve clinical data capture for accurate billing.
- Capture information at the point of care.
- Identify unique patients for specialised care.
Our process ensures scribes are ready for the non-stop ED environment.
- Step 1: Demanding classroom training
- Step 2: Training Shift with senior level scribes
- Step 3: Continuous and Regular Reassessment
The Advanced Scribe Training Programme
Approximately 120 hours per scribe
- Medical Terminology
- System Based Videos
- Audio Exercises
- Compliance Training
- Documentation for Billing and Medicolegal Liability
- Professional Appearance
- Case Presentations
- Final Examination
minimum 6 days
- One-to-one Personal Clinical Training
- Real-time Chart Review and Corrective Feedback
- Advanced Efficiency and Patient Tracking Training
- Core Measures and PQRI Documentation
- Clinical Performance Final Assessment
- Quality Assurance Program and Continuing Scribe Education
- Monthly Evaluations and Performance Assessments
- Monthly Doctor-to-Scribe Satisfaction Reporting
- Charting Review and Deficiency Log