When it comes to outpatient care, reducing wait times and managing patient volume is crucial. Scribes are an innovative and much-needed approach to improving outpatient workflow.
Customisation is key in the outpatient setting.
In today’s healthcare environment, one of the main challenges for doctors is how to reduce the amount of time care teams spend on ancillary or clerical duties. By looking at the specific needs and goals of each individual doctor, ScribeAustralia’s outpatient scribe programme is designed to meet these demands. In an outpatient setting, scribes give doctors more time to see patients and prioritise patient care.
ScribeAustralia’s medical scribe programme has expanded training and education to over 100 specialities and subspecialties. Scribes are able to document patient visits in greater detail, leading to more accurate reimbursements and revenue growth.
Benefits:Contact Business Development
Easily track billable hours
Manage influx of patients without adding another doctor
Prepare for seasonal health crises and prevent understaffing
Save time per patient visit
Access and complete clinical information immediately
More trained specialists available to medical, nursing and office staff
Significantly cut back on patient waiting room times
Assistance with backlogged documentation
Impact patient satisfaction and doctor satisfaction
How it Works
To achieve measurable results, our team closely monitors progress from the first day of implementation.
Together, we improve the effectiveness of your outpatient providers.
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Support the transition to a medical scribe program
- Define KPIs and goals
- Train scribes to meet outpatient specialty specific needs
Our goal is to increase effectiveness and mitigate risk with our integrated approach.
- Work on-site with outpatient administrators
- Review metrics including cost and quality
Our process ensures scribes are ready for the non-stop outpatient environment.
- Step 1: Demanding classroom training
- Step 2: Training Shift with senior level scribes
- Step 3: Continuous and Regular Reassessment
The Advanced Scribe Training Programme
Approximately 120 hours per scribe
- Medical Terminology
- System Based Videos
- Audio Exercises
- Compliance Training
- Documentation for Billing and Medicolegal Liability
- Professional Appearance
- Case Presentations
- Final Examination
minimum 6 days
- One-to-one Personal Clinical Training
- Real-time Chart Review and Corrective Feedback
- Advanced Efficiency and Patient Tracking Training
- Core Measures and PQRI Documentation
- Clinical Performance Final Assessment
- Quality Assurance Program and Continuing Scribe Education
- Monthly Evaluations and Performance Assessments
- Monthly Doctor-to-Scribe Satisfaction Reporting
- Charting Review and Deficiency Log